8.16.2010

ONE WEEK.

ohhh my gosh! Pat and i leave for Maui in ONE WEEK! and almost exactly to the hour!! Our flight leaves from Jackson at 9:40 a.m. and we fly to Dallas, TX (a 1 hour and 25 min flight).  Then we go from Dallas to Seatle, WA (a 4 hour flight) and it will be 2:25 p.m. And then we go from Seatle to MAUI (a 6 hour flight) and it will be 7:15 p.m. Maui time (12:15 a.m. Jackson time).  So we will literally be traveling ALL day, but we gain 5 hours when we arrive in HI.  I'm going to be pooped, but! we're going to be in hawaii!


We had to say our goodbyes to everyone in Oxford and it was really, really sad.  Rebecca Lingle (works with Pat) is the only one who made me cry though! i had to pick up P from a late night at their house on thursday and she started crying after all the hugs and for some reason as soon as i saw her crying my eyes started pouring! Pat was like "whats wrong! are you mad at me??!" (an hour after we left their house)...i was like "NO! reba made me cry and i can't stop! this is hard!" you wouldn't think it would be that sad, i mean we have an exciting adventure ahead, but we don't get to take any of our friends with us! And we have gotten so close to the few people left in Oxford that we actually hang out with regularly that it hurts! (claire, kelli and hal, reba and locke, other grocery people, the Busby family,...)


but! i am in jackson and Pat is out phishing (Alpine Valley in East Troy, WI).  As soon as i got home i decided to change my home bedroom from "highschool" to "recent grad" themed.  Since i got home Saturday i have been going through every inch of my room cleaning out the old and doing some major dusting and putting up the new.  i.e. changing pictures, storing old memories, throwing away the SHIT i kept for no reason at all, etc.  It is a slowly rewarding process.  My blood (for real, i cut myself 3 times on a broken glass picture frame) and sweat (my mom keeps it 80 degrees in this house) have gone into this process and i think i will feel so much more at ease about leaving when i am done.  You know? its like refreshing my life before i move.  i just didn't want to come home to a dirty, messy, childhood room.  I wanted it to be grownup and remind me of happy memories when i come home from christmas or whenever my next trip will be!


Anyways...i am going to try and take a lot of pictures on our journey, so be sure to check back as soon as we get internet over there...


We are having a little going away bash this saturday (21st).  Our families and a few friends...if you are in jackson, come!! i am going to miss all of you very much! but just pretend i'm still in oxford! i won't be too far!! i love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment